Friday, October 9, 2009

Time to Ride by Lindsey


Time to Ride
Lindsey
 
I am finally tall enough
as I stand there feeling like an ant
I look at the winding structure
and I realize I will experience it
 
My whole family has done it
It is the thrill of the ride
the thought of flying
for the very first time
 
A line of ecstatic people
wait eagerly for their turn
they stand laughing
as i stand unsure
 
The entrance nears
and my heart starts to race
I have a knot in my belly
but still, a smile on my face
 
I choose my seat
the bar secures me down
and for a split second I feel- claustrophobic
and my smile turns into a frown
 
It was to late to turn back now
I was on my way to the top
and then it hit me
as i began to drop
 
I can't explain how i felt
my body shifting with every twist and turn
It all felt fake as if nothing was real
 
People were screaming
my throat to tight to talk
we start slowing
but it all seems surreal
 
I am more than happy to jump off
and leave this amusement park
my ride on the coaster
was more then over 
 

No comments: