Friday, October 9, 2009

Partners by Mercedes

“Partners”

As my partner and I start running,
trying to beat our last time,
the worst time of all, he decides he won’t listen.
I dig my heels into his sides, and rein him,
to try to keep in control.

He rears up, and I go soaring through the air.
While I’m flying, he takes off to the trees like
the wind.
My face goes bright red, I scream, “Wheels!!”
I take another horse to retrieve my partner back.

He looks at me and feels shame for what he did.
He knows I am a raging human of fury,
ready to explode,
So he stays in the brush.

I know my partner and he knows me, so…
Ever so gently, I coax him out and he knows
I will never hurt him even in all my frustration.

As I get back on my loyal steed, faithful partner,
and best friend, I hope he understands why I
was upset.
Just as we try the same routine and try to beat our last time,
Stubborn horse!... repeats the fiasco again!.

No comments: