Friday, October 9, 2009

A New Country by Jessica

A New Country


The massive plane is landing.
I have arrived in Edmonton.
I am so happy.


In the airport,
I look at the strange people.
They have pointy noses,
Green eyes, blue eyes,
So many with blonde hair.


Leaving the airport.
It was as cold as ice.
Glad I brought a big jacket.



On my way to a new home,
There’s so much snow.
So many cars.
The cars are so huge.

Snow, snow, and more snow
We couldn’t see a thing.
It was so slippery.


Wow. That is gigantic. A semi trailer.
Into the ditch we go.
My first accident.
We get out of the car
and touch the snow.
It’s so cold.


Then it’s time for school.
I’m so petrified.
Those Canadians are staring at me.
They talk a mile a minute.


I don’t understand
Anything they are saying.
I can only smile.
Are they being nice to me?


No uniforms, different rooms,
Always going to other classrooms.
Students driving a car!!
So different from China.


What a country!
Smells amazing.
People are so nice.
I’m not scared anymore.
I love Canada!!

No comments: