Friday, October 9, 2009

The Place I Call Home by Katie

The Place I Call Home

Once leaving town I only looked back.
Not looking forward to living somewhere else.
If I could go back there one more time,
I would be sure to say good-bye.

I arrived in this strange and foreign place.
It doesn’t feel the same even though I’ve
been here a million times before.
Now I know I won’t be going back,
after we haul are hefty cardboard boxes
into the big empty, gloomy house.

First day of school I remember very well.
Entering the classroom was like entering a cave
full of bears ready to rip you to shreds. All
I hope is that my last piece of dignity would be
spared by these judgmental people.

As time went past the only thing on my
mind was the place I called home.
The city where my heart longed to be,
the city where familiar faces turn to strangers.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and stay forever,
but I’m stuck in this empty town.

Now the town I dreaded coming to is my home,
if I were to leave I would miss it just as much as my home before.

No comments: